Wednesday 23 November 2016

THE DEPTH OF ADDICTION - S5 E21


THE DEPTH OF ADDICTION 

I was ruminating about my whole conversation with bidemi when my sister came back from school. I wanted to react harshly to her for coming home late because it was after 6pm already but I kept my calm as she greeted me.

Funmilayo: good evening brother femi

Me: (trying not to show my anger).

Welcome iyawo mi, how was school today

Funmilayo: it was fine. How has been your day?

Me: my day has been good. What kept you late at school? I was hoping she would say it was bayo; that they played together or something but her reply cut my expectation off the ground.


Funmilayo: we had an extra lesson. We just started today because of our exam and I have already told mum before that we are starting an extra lesson today

Me: really? I thought you were out playing with your best buddy Bayo, I never thought you have an extra lesson

Funmiilayo: (smiling). I know why you think so but bayo didn’t even come to school today. He is very sick.

Me: bayo, sick? Since when?

Funmilayo: he only called me to inform me this morning that he is sick and won’t be coming to school because of that.

Me: Ahhh, I don’t know o. have you thought of going to see him to check on him?

Funmilayo: No o brother femi, I won’t be going to see him at his place o. we will just keep talking on phone until he got better and resume back to school.

Me: why? Is he not your best buddy? Why can’t you just go and check on him at his place

Funmilayo: (smiling). You know I can’t just be going to a guy’s house alone brother femi, at my age I don’t want anything that will make me lose my dignity, and by the way I have never been to bayo’s house and I already explained to him that you and mummy is against me visiting guys house and I don’t want to disappoint your trust in me. 

I was so wow after hearing her speaks like that. I never could have imagined my little sister could think so wisely like that.

She is truly my real sister because she knows how to use her head just like me. I ended my conversation after telling her I will also call bayo to ask after his health condition. I suddenly begin to feel hungry. 

I have not eaten anything since the food I ate with chidinma in the morning. I told funmilayo to go and start preparing the evening meal then I moved to my room to relax a little. I was almost dozing off when my phone began to ring. I checked the caller and I see that its chidinma. I have actually forgotten that I said I was going to call her later. I picked.

Me: hello dear. (lied). I am already thinking of calling your number just now.

Chidinma: Smiling) really? I got home about fifteen minutes ago and I have been expecting your call since then. But when I couldn’t see your call I decide calling you myself.

Me: I have been busy discussing with funmilayo about why she was late at school.

Chidinma: is she back from school?

Me: yes, she came back not quite long claiming she has an extra lesson because of her school exam that is approaching.

Chidinma: (smiling) ok. Thank you for today femi, you make me very happy

Me: why are you thanking me? I should be the one thanking you for making me feel really satisfied and so very happy today.

You are a one in a million to me and I cherish you more than Gold or money or any treasure of the world. I love you

Chidinma: (giggling and smiling). Thank you very much femi. I love it when you talk to me nicely like this. My love for you just keeps growing more and more. I love you so much I don’t think I can do without you.

Me: (head swell). Thank you dear. I appreciate your kind words. We kept talking and talking for like thirty minutes. she doesn’t want me to end the call at all until I told her my parents are back and that I have to go. 

We ended the call with the word we shall see tomorrow and I love you.

To be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop your comments